Dermaroller is a hand-held roller studded with very fine needles. It is a home care device used every night or every second night. The Dermaroller helps to drive active ingredients deeper into the top layer of the skin, by a manual delivery system. It will help enhance penetration of any ingredient. It dramatically gives better value and additional results to any skincare regime.
Our skin is not only the biggest organ, but it also protects the body against environmental influences such as temperatures, bacteria, excessive water loss, etc. Skin increases in thickness until the age of 20 and stays constant for about 40 years. After 60 the skin degrades. The normal average human skin has a thickness of 1.5 mm and is categorized in 3 major zones: Epidermis, (0.12 mm) dermis and sub-dermis (1.5 mm).
The Epidermis has 5 layers in total; the top layer is called the Stratum Corneum. Its thickness is about a hundredth of a millimetre, and it is hard to believe that this thin layer is the main barrier and protection for our body. The Stratum Corneum is constantly reproduced by the lower epidermal layers. It is so effective that nearly nothing can penetrate it.
So what percentage of your skincare regime actually penetrates into viable layers where the active ingredient can stimulate the skin?
100% 50% 30% 10% 3% 1%
Depending on the ‘delivery system’ used in the formulation, the penetration can vary from each skincare brand to the next. Generic, no name brands probably have less than 1% penetration -clinical cosmeceutical brands probably have closer to 30%… but there is still a 70% waste of each application.
The Dermaroller helps to drive active ingredients deeper into the top layer of the skin, by a manual delivery system. It will help enhance penetration of any ingredient. It dramatically gives better value and additional results to any skincare regime.
Steps for “Dermarolling” at home
- Clean skin with a cleanser
- Apply a booster or serum to be enhanced
- Apply skincare product in a thin layer and start “Dermarolling”
- Roll between 2-5 minutes
- After the Dermaroller procedure, apply the recommended Moisturizer
- When you start to use the Dermaroller for the first time, only use it every 3rd day.
- When your skin becomes accustomed you may use it in shorter intervals Never apply high pressure on the Dermaroller!
- Never apply lateral pressure! This may result in scratches and needle damage.
- Roll each part of the skin 3 times in all four directions – horizontally, vertically and both diagonals.
- We recommend using the Dermaroller before bedtime.
- Be patient! Your skin needs time to regenerate!
- Make sure your personal Dermaroller is properly cleaned – use the ROLLER CLEANER as directed.